Monday, September 03, 2007

oh...

So, Joel, straight men in Seattle are like women in Alaska?
(I was told once by a female friend that in Alaska, re: available men, "The odds are good but the goods are odd.")

I guess I wasn't aware of that but I will say from personal experience that men in my age category who are available, interested, and don't have some kind of serious personality impairment are kind of difficult to locate. So maybe times are tough all over, at least once you pass 30. (But hell, maybe some of the men in my dating pool would describe me as having a serious personality impairment, so I don't know.)

But as I've said: my life is pretty good, and it would take someone who would make it even BETTER (and I mean that in a totally non-material sense) for me to consider changing my marital status.

And no on the classical. Where I live, we have "both kinds of music" (a la The Blues Brothers). And FM reception is generally the pits - I don't know why but I cannot pick up stations that are fairly nearby. There's a station that plays some classical (when they aren't playing the more irritating sorts of NPR shows) about 40 miles from me but I cannot pick them up. There's a really nice jazz station not terribly far from me but I cannot make it come in in my house. And there's a famous, well-renowned classical station in the large city to the south of me, but I can't pick it up here. So Internet radio it is. Until I break down and buy a Sirius receiver.

No comments: