Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Did I hear this right?

I was just walking through the room when the news was on but I thought I heard a comment made to the effect that, "They could split up dealing with the fiscal cliff and deal with spending cuts later."

Okay. So if that's correct, they're going to raise taxes now, and cut spending later?

Does anyone else hear Wimpy (from "Popeye") saying "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"?

(Actually, I think the fact that some of those shows - like Popeye - were replaced by more-modern, sensitive cartoons may be part of our problem. Wimpy taught an important lesson: don't keep enabling a moocher. Just like that character on the old Sesame Street who was "trying to get your nickels" (as my dad put it, and he also would talk to my brother and me about how advertisers would "try to get your nickels")

No comments: