Tuesday, January 26, 2010

just one of those things...

It occurs to me, that if you're going to claim that Wagner was an "anti-Semitic d*bag" and that his music should never again be played because of that, AND you have been known to wear a Che Guevara t-shirt at times, your argument has lost some of its force.

Oh, I don't disagree about Wagner having been an anti-Semite (though I suspect if we searched the pasts of many composers, looking for reasons not to play their music, we'd have awfully quiet airwaves). But talking about someone's unpleasant beliefs while you have (I assume, because you stuck his face on your chest) tacitly approved of a murderous thug....


I realize that "consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" and all that, but still. I find it distasteful that people wear Guevara t-shirts, apparently not knowing the misery he inflicted on some folks.

No comments: