Tuesday, February 15, 2011

If I were remaking NCLB?

I'd include a BIG HUGE GIANT section on LEARNING TO FOLLOW THE DAMN DIRECTIONS YOUR TEACHER GIVES YOU.

Any child who couldn't or wouldn't do it, WOULD be left behind. As in, kept back until they could.

I'm getting so damn tired of having to parse out everything I ask my college students to do, and then have 2 or 3 out of 25 do it absolutely, spectacularly wrong, and then get angry with me because they claim "But that's what you TOLD us to do."

I'm also done with people who tune out during pre-lab instructions and then don't have a freaking CLUE of what they're supposed to be doing. Luckily, I don't teach any labs where that really means things are UNSAFE, but it's still a huge annoyance.

Why can't people just follow damn directions? I don't get it.

No comments: