Monday, August 27, 2012

I may have spoken too soon

I've been fielding e-mails from someone re: the project they're required to do. I get the distinct feeling what this guy is asking me is, "Plz plan my project all out for me and tell me just how to do it and where to find all the sources, k thx."

I've been "playing dumb" (in the sense of giving minimal direction and guidance) but I'm afraid this is going to be my demanding student for the semester. I haven't even answered his most recent e-mail as my office hours are technically over and I have a headache and don't feel quite up to figuring out how to respond while keeping it clear that my help is at arm's length, that I'm not going to plan this guy's project for him. I'm not QUITE rude enough to e-mail back, "JFGI," but that's kind of how I feel based on the most recent request...

No comments: