Wednesday, August 17, 2011

here but busy

The new classes (so far) look fine. I'm not teaching non-majors this fall and it looks like that will be a big relief...I had forgotten how the non-majors could kind of suck a person's soul from them.

However, in my personal life, I'm dealing with a couple people who, partly because of thin-skinned-ness, up and dropped a bunch of responsibilities they were carrying (essentially, the "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude - no attempt to work it out, no attempt to sit down with the people they accused of criticizing them unfairly). What this means is that some of the rest of us in this group have to shoulder still more responsibility. (Thanks, people, thanks a lot. I'll remember this if you ever call me "needing" anything...I will be "too busy" with my added responsibilities.)

Dang it, I swear, some days I think I'm the only adult in the room.

1 comment:

Sheila O'Malley said...

It might feel really good to once in a while say, "I really can't take on anything extra right now. Sorry, too busy right now. But good luck with the project." Set those boundaries!