Tuesday, November 06, 2012

I voted

So the damned robo-calls can STFU now.

I really hate robo-calls. I wish they could be banned for political purposes just as they technically are (despite the execrable Rachel from Cardholder Services) for businesses.

Apparently, my particular voting registration is rare in the district in which I live, so I get all of my party's calls. (I'd register I, because really, in some cases, neither R nor D describes me, but that would close me out of any primary voting here).

Sadly, throughout my adult life, my presidential vote has mainly been "I like the other guy less" than "I really like the guy I voted for." I suppose that's a feature of how our system is but it's kind of sad.

I hope they can make voting go smoothly for the folks on the East Coast (and maybe, I don't know, hand out blankets and canned food while they're at it?). I've watched the devastation with dismay and y'all are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all the snafus preventing help from getting where it needs to be get unsnafued fast.

I suspect this is going to be a long night. I'm not going to watch any of the coverage. For one thing it bores me and for another it dismays me. I'm going to either read a book or see if there are any good cartoons or cooking shows on. I'll find out tomorrow morning if the race was decisive enough (and there haven't been any shenanigans) to pick a winner.

(I will say, I hope Romney wins at least one of Axelrod's "I'll shave my mustache off" states. Just, because.)

No comments: