Tuesday, January 14, 2014

those are the choices? Really?

So, before the whole Bridgegate what-did-he-know-and-when-did-he-know-it, red-meat-for-the-media scandal started, some pundit on television was floating the idea of a Clinton vs. Christie 2016 presidential race.


And I just looked at my mom and said, "Wow. Those are some REALLY uninspiring choices."

I never went for the "I'm going to cast a protest-vote for a third party candidate" thing, because I figured that was throwing one's vote away (but then again: given the Electoral College and how it works, really, my individual vote for president in my state makes almost zero difference). But I may just do it in 2016, if those are genuinely our choices.

Sigh.

As I said earlier: there are so many good, honest people in this country. Why do we manage to send so few of them to Washington?

No comments: