Wednesday, August 08, 2007

stupid spam knows no boundaries!!!

So, it's not a Friday Stupid Spam. But this seems to be the Week of Spam (maybe someone, somewhere, is on vacation)? And I have two stupid ones.

1. "Let me show you how far the rabbit hole goes" - I have received this subject line multiple times.

I do not think I want to know what it pertains to. Alice in Wonderland? "Rabbit hole" as a euphemism? Are they peddling some kind of supposedly mind-altering drugs? Are they referring to Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit?"

And here's how I'm a pedant: one of the first things I thought was, "But New World rabbits don't DIG holes....they scratch out shallow nests in the earth." (It's true - it's the Old World rabbits - European hares and their kin - that build the big deep warrens. American rabbits are basically surface-dwellers. Yeah, I hate to say it, but Bugs may have had some Frenchie roots...)

But, from the mysterious to the comic:

2. "My boyfriend's tool keeps slipping out!" Another subject line I've received more than once.

Well, honey, I have just one suggestion for you: save the hot wings until AFTER the boyfriend finishes building your entertainment center. Then he won't drop the hammer because of greasy fingers.

Also, the promise of food LATER often gets jobs done FASTER. I'm just sayin'.

And, for that matter - if you're so critical of your BF's building techniques, maybe you could, you know, help him? Hand him nails and stuff? I can't stand it when people complain about how someone's doing something when they've never lifted a finger to help...

No comments: