Wednesday, February 06, 2008

well

I've done what I can.

If it's not good enough, screw 'em. Two of my colleagues agree it's sort of unreasonable, so at least I feel better about that.

I just get tired of all the HOOPS, ya'know? The fact that everything has to be so minutely documented. I had to re-submit a travel reimbursement claim 3 times this summer because they kept asking for more stuff - even though my name was on a list of "section moderators" they still needed a receipt for my registration, stuff like that.

It irritates me because it makes me feel like they don't trust me. And I know, they do that because there are people who can't be trusted. But it drives me up the wall that the lawabiding, rule-following people always wind up getting slapped with more hoops to jump through because of the few bad apples.

Frankly I work my ass off. Some days I meet myself coming and going. I take on extra responsibilities willingly, because I understand that sometimes stuff needs to be done, and it's stuff that's not fun to do and you don't get paid for it. But I don't appreciate people turning around and going, "Sorry, you didn't fill out form Double Secret Q-46, you need to go back and start all over."

No comments: