Friday, February 08, 2008

You guys!

First off, I have to admit I'm a bit freaked out at how easily my email address (which I don't have up here, for some particular reasons) seems to zip around cyberspace when it wants to.

But that's fine.

Thank you all so much for the cards and notes of support (and Far Side cartoons.)

This week is going better.

Part of it is that in the academic world - or at least my corner of it - the first week of the month is often just nucking futs, and you just kind of have to grab on and ride it out.

And part of it is just that I got a bunch of crap dumped on me at a time when I was kind of at a low point to begin with, and so I was less cheerful about dealing.

But. The church window is now fixed, my department chair said that being temporarily denied graduate faculty status would NOT hurt me because it was a silly rule and she'd get me reinstated this fall, a colleague made me a semi-permanent loan of equipment to replace the missing equipment (semi-permanent until the missing stuff gets reordered).

The difficult people I have to deal with are still difficult, but, meh, whatever. The world is full of a-holes.

And it's Friday. Even though I have an on-campus commitment tomorrow morning, it's still Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going better.

Kate P said...

Aw, you're welcome. Happy Friday!

(Don't worry, I won't sign you up to any crazy listservs or anything.)