Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Several things I have to remind myself:

1. Sometimes when people treat other people in a thoughtless way, it is because they are ACTUALLY NOT THINKING. In other words, they're not planning on being a jerk, they're not doing it intentionally to hurt the other person - it just happens.

2. Lots of times people are so caught up in their own maelstrom of stuff that some of the problems they're having wind up rubbing off on other people. When someone gets angry over a truly minor event, it's likely that something else was actually the trigger and the event was just a catalyst.

3. People aren't always actually talking about what they are talking about. Even sometimes when they think they're talking about that thing.

4. It doesn't matter that the high-muckety-mucks don't see a lot of the good I do. What is important is that I do it to help the students.

5. Having one person think I'm an idiot doesn't make me an idiot.


This is not shaping up to be a stellar week :(

1 comment:

Kate P said...

Hey, Ricki, FYI I linked back to this post in a post I did tonight about inconsiderate people. Just in case you get some visits. :) Thanks!