Friday, January 27, 2012

Things and stuff

Things flit through my head, I think of posting on them, but meh. They all add up to one thing: We're kind of screwed right now. If I, with no degree in economics or Political Science or any of that shizz can see that we're going to have to cut federal spending, and damn soon....why can't the people we elected find the backbone to SAY that to people? (That's a rhetorical question; I know the answer already)

So it's easier right now to focus on my day-to-day life than to worry about what will happen in the coming years.

That said, I'm glad the weekend's here. I've dealt with a lot of aggressively-clueless people ("I CAN'T FIND THE ARTICLE YOU SAID I WOULD BE ABLE TO FIND!!!" um, it's right there), self-centered people ("I don't care if it takes you three hours, do it for me."), demanding people (someone comes in five minutes before I'm going out the door for a day and DEMANDING help right then, even though I've had 3+ hours of office hours earlier in the day), rude people, and on, and on.

I try to love people - my faith calls me to - but I find that people are awfully good at making themselves hard to LIKE.

It's just nice to be able to stay home for a day and not interact with people. People wear me the heck out.

When I can get my thoughts together better I want to write about this new online "Udacity" thing that some people are claiming WILL REPLACE UNIVERSITIES AND MUH HA HA WILL KILL THE CUSHY LIFE PROFESSORS HAVE HAD UP TO NOW. But not just yet.

No comments: