Friday, September 29, 2006

one thing I know

If, on a college campus, you EVER suggest that you 'could' do something that technically wasn't your responsibility, all of the people that the thing you 'could' do is the responsibility of, will slough it off onto you.

there is a committee I used to chair, but do no longer. I'm not on the committee any more even. I sent an e-mail out to the people who are NOW on the committee saying, "Hey, guys, you need to select a chair. People are asking me when you're going to meet because they know I'm former chair." And I made the mistake of saying, "I could help you in the first meeting."

so now, everyone expects ME to set up a meeting and play schedule sudoku and find a time when everyone can meet. And it's precisely THAT that was making me go grey, gain stress-weight, develop a twitch under my left eye...

maybe it's generally true, and not just profs who are wicked lazy and will leap at the chance to let someone else do their work for them, but most of my experience is on a college campus.

No comments: