Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Graffiti

I'm back. (More about the trip will come later, when I'm less tired).

But one thing I wanted to document here, before I forgot:

Traveling on trains, you see a lot of graffiti. Much of it is painted on various boxcars/hoppercars that you pass. A lot of it is that "tagging" name style that I find incomprehensible to read.

But. There was one train car that had a much more, shall we say, amateur graffito on it.

A word of seven letters, one letter painted on each panel of one of those hopper-type cars they use to transport grain or gravel:

A-S-S-H-O-L-L

Reading may be fundamental, kids, but spelling's pretty important too.

5 comments:

Kate P said...

It may be the digital age, but there's still no Spell Check for graffiti.

Welcome back!!!

Joel said...

I'm having a hard time not giggling, as my ex-wife's maiden name was Holl. (And yes, the other kids on the playground did exactly what you'd expect with it.)

nightfly said...

Welcome back, ricki! Spelling skills have gone to holl in a handbasket since you've been away.

Joel said...

Careful, 'Fly! Ricki's apt to holl off and wallop you for that!

Anonymous said...

No, because I ain't no holl-wallop-back girl.