Friday, May 02, 2008

i think i broke my brain

Three papers left to slap grades on to. (My MO with these is to read them through once, read them again and apply comments, then go through a third time and do the point-removal-and-justification-of-said-removal).

I. am. beat. Some of the papers were good - which makes grading easy. It is the not-very-good ones that are a pain to grade.

I still don't have two of the papers but at least one person is accepting of the "late deduction" I make.

I kept setting back by 1/2 hour my "if I can be home by" bit. Now I'm thinking I'm going to have to ditch doing the exercise today (maybe I can do it tomorrow morning even though I wasn't planning on setting the alarm) because it's nearly 4:30 pm and I'm still not done. And I have laundry to do at home, and some kind of dinner to fix.

And I'm just tired. And my head hurts and my throat hurts because someone somewhere on this hall thought it was a good idea to buy a baby-powder-scented candle and burn it. Ugh.

I'm still going on my shopping trip tomorrow even though I'm bailing on the de-fattening (Sadly, that's how I think of exercise these days. And not even so much DE-fattening as "this is so you can still eat actual food and not gain weight." I hate my metabolism. And I hate a society that tells grown women they're expected to live on celery and Slim-Fast if they're not under a size 8.)

Update: Success! I got the papers graded and the grades posted. Walked in the door of my house at 7 minutes to 5 so I decided to do the exercise anyway (I felt it would be a good way to 'blow the stink off'). Because it was less humid this afternoon than it's been in quite a while, I was able to exercise at a higher intensity (which always feels like a win, to be able to do the workout without gasping for breath).

The first load of laundry is almost done, then the second goes in the drier and the next load hits the washer. (I have a total of five loads to do tonight: whites, towels, sheets, dark colored things [like jeans], light colored things [which need to be washed on cold so they don't fade out].)

Now I'm glad I persisted because I feel like I "won" somehow - that I set up a goal and managed to meet it even though I thought I wouldn't be able to.

1 comment:

Kate P said...

Yaaay! I hope this means Boutiqueville tomorrow!