Tuesday, December 01, 2009

gol dang

Obama's speech tonight is pre-empting A Charlie Brown Christmas. (Has there been a president who's been on TV more?)

SRSLY, Mr. President? SRSLY? It makes me sad that we live in a world where war talk has to bump what I consider the most perfect Christmas special ever off the television.

I HOPE the special is on at another time. This is one thing I watch every year and I would be angry if the President (ANY president) bumped it off the air totally for a season.

I know it's available on dvd and all that but I'm kind of a Luddite in that I like to see specials BROADCAST and like to have the ritual of the annual viewing as a broadcast. (I grew up in the pre-vcr era).

Well, at least the best part is available on YouTube. This ALWAYS makes me tear up a little, no matter how old or how jaded I get:



"That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

1 comment:

Al said...

it'll air on the 15th instead, i saw in the chicago trib.

:-)

its even worse here in chicagoland where the O's are omnipresent.

-Alli