Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Off the hook!

I was supposed to "babysit" my grad student's project this week while she was at a workshop. I was all geared up to get the keys, to remind myself to come in every day (and some potential weekend plans I had would have to be shuffled around to accommodate it). It's in another building on campus - she's a lab instructor in Chemistry, and she got space over there. So it would be more of a challenge for me; I'd have to be sure to have a building key as well as the lab key.

She just called me this morning. Her husband volunteered to do it. (Well, maybe "volunteered under a bit of duress," but still). He did help her set it up so maybe he feels more invested in it - or maybe they just didn't want to load me up with it (I believe he's retired - my graduate student is a little bit older).

But I'm glad to be freed up, and also not to be the one running around like crazy to try to fix things if the air conditioner in the lab where she has it set up goes out or something.

I'm grateful to her husband for taking it on. Anything that frees me up a little is very welcome.

No comments: