Saturday, May 26, 2007

Seals

I can't resist these kind of interactive widgets (First seen at It Comes in Pints)

Some wisdom from my favorite wrinkled green being:























(I hate that "Do, or do not. There is no try" comment. There, Yoda gets it wrong, I think. Of COURSE there is a "try." Haven't you ever heard of failure, you little green prune? How many things have I tried that I ultimately wound up with "do not" as the outcome?)

Then there are three that were inspired by the "Celtic" font and "Celtic" ribboning on that site - they're my takes on a "famous old Irish saying" that I doubt is either very old or very Irish - to me, it has kind of the ring of a 1970s ad copywriter who decided to crash one of his teenaged son's parties and take a few bong hits while he was there....
































































Yeah, I can be a cynical wench sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my own cynical way, I would combine a couple of yours for another of my seals, as in:

"Dance like there's no one in the room"

"Yeah, that'll work"

It would be perfect for me, but alas, they have no symbol that properly conveys spastic. :)