Thursday, September 17, 2009

Heh.

Bingley made a comment about his wife having to grade in green and purple ink.

Where I come from, green and purple together (at least, wearing them) signified something. (No, not bad choices of colors). It meant the same thing as wearing green on a Thursday, or what green M and Ms supposedly cause.

I really hope that either Bingley's wife's students are too young to be aware of that (but sadly, there almost ISN'T a "too young" these days), or the "green + purple = horny was a very local idea only found where I grew up.

It's funny how I've changed my mind on this issue, from starting out using "friendly" green to now thinking, "They can have my red pen when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."

1 comment:

Hall Monitor said...

See what it means to wear green and purple bracelets in schools at DetentionSlip.org. (I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with sex)