Thursday, October 07, 2010

Still, "Argh."

Bingley is right. (Then again: If I've been cc'd in on all kinds of stuff, and there IS a wrongful-termination lawsuit, that means I can't be called to testify, no?)

I don't know. I find it kind of - disrespectful? - to expect other people to take sides in a situation that doesn't really impact them.

I see this a lot, though: students trying to get me to talk smack about other profs, things like that.

I don't know. We meet next week. I'm not looking forward to it. I've already decided to mostly keep my mouth shut, and, if pressed to contribute, remark that I've not taught the class in question, I haven't seen any of the issues first-hand, so I don't feel it's my place to speak.

1 comment:

Mr. Bingley said...

It's disrespectful, sure, but it's also petty and childish, it seems to me. People piss and moan about how they are professional and deserving of respect...and yet at the first chance they get they turn into cliquey slandering backstabbing 4th graders conducting whisper campaigns?