Friday, December 08, 2006

T minus 1:05

My exams are written and ready to go.

All of the grading (save for the four student presentations being given in next hour's class) is done.

I have pushed my current research through one set of goals and I can achieve the next necessary set next week.

I can go home after my last class today.

You have no idea how wonderful this is. No. Idea. I have pushed myself hard this semester and I'm tired and I cannot even put into words how grateful I will be for this afternoon, my couch, cartoons, and a simple knitting project. And tomorrow: baking cookies and more cartoons (it is Rankin-Bass Animagic Special Day on Family Channel. Laugh if you must but I LOVE those things. It's a big happy slice of everything that was wonderful about my childhood).

Oh, downtime. Sweet blessed downtime. Oh, I'll be doing my laundry too, and those other kind of tasks. But that doesn't matter: it's not grading. Laundry is fun. Laundry is easy. Laundry smells good and looks pretty when it's done.

I am so looking forward to this weekend and not doing anything that involves WORK.

No comments: