Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Stupid Spam LIVES!

It's been months since I did this, but it's been a while since I had a laughably-silly subject line of spam. (Lately, I've been getting pounded by those "A schoolmate/friend/family member has sent you a postcard" things. Which - in case anyone out there didn't know - can contain malware. I'm glad I didn't innocently open any of them before I heard about that).

But I received a spam - at my work address, no less, with the subject line:

"Don't get mad; get viamagra." (name of the medication Homer-ized to prevent weird searches).

That made me laugh....I mean, I wouldn't think that getting mad would necessarily be the followup emotion of the occurrence in a chap's life that would require him to purchase the "heavy lifting" sort of medications. Getting worried, maybe. Getting sad. Trying to come up with something to say to the lady so she doesn't get insulted and think it happened (or didn't happen) because of HER. But mad? I wouldn't think so much.

(Of course, there's the old saying, "Don't get mad; get even" which I suppose this is meant to play on. But given the context that just doesn't make sense.)

3 comments:

Joel said...

I got one that said "You've received a postcard from a Worshipper!" Wonder if the virus was accompanied by a sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

Wish MY spam had interesting titles. The addresses are pretty weird though.

Anonymous said...

I've been getting those "cards from a worshipper/classmate/admirer" ones, too. The ones that drive me nuts are the commercial ones that bombard you three times a day, every day. Hey, jack@$$, I didn't respond to your "buy property in Costa Rica!" spam the first 65,000 times you sent it. Why do you think sending it once more will make a difference?