Saturday, April 17, 2010

all I have to say about golf...

I was looking for the political cartoon that ran in my local paper online, but I can't find it.

This one is somewhat similar. (The one in my local paper showed a crowd of people standing around Michelson, who was hugging his wife after winning, and two men at the back of the crowd were talking. One said, "It takes determination, hard work, and a lot of caring." The other one said something like, "Winning the Master's is tough." And the first one says, "Forget golf. I was talking about marriage."

Phil Mickelson: takes time off from golf to be with his wife and mother, who are undergoing cancer treatment.
Tiger Woods: takes time off from golf to undergo treatment for sex addiction that came to light when his wife blew up at him over his cheating.

I know who I think is the bigger man here. Congrats, Mr. Mickelson. I bet it's especially sweet having your wife there to celebrate your victory with you.

2 comments:

Dave R. said...

Phil and Tiger have always had, at best, an uneasy relationship. I think it's not only because of the golf rivalry, but because each man represents everything the other isn't.

And you called it exactly right, Ricki.

nightfly said...

Barack Obama: takes time off from golf to honor the Polish people.

Oh... OH. Maybe he should take a mulligan?