Tuesday, January 25, 2011

These are probably my issues talking, but...

...Dems and Repubs sitting together at the SOTU speech, I don't have a problem with. I DO have a problem with how so many news outlets are playing up the whole coy, "who is sitting with whom" angle, the whole "ooooh, this is just like BFFs! We're going to get to see who pairs up!" crap.

It feels like seventh damn grade all over again and I don't like it.

What's next? A Congressional Valentine's Day party, with red Hi-C punch and the congresspeople making shoebox "mailboxes" for other congresspeople to put cards in?

("Senator Gillibrand, I choo-choo-choose you")

I mean, DAMN. We have some real problems in this nation and they're talking about who's sitting together and who isn't? I guess gossip really has replaced anything like actual news.

The whole world is 13 years old and I do not approve of it one bit.

No comments: