Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Did he really say that?

The "People's Choice Awards" is on in the other room (I had been watching NCIS and got a phone call and didn't get back to switch the set off*)

Robin Williams (or so I'm guessing by the voice) was on.

Did he REALLY do the old "Rick 'em, rack 'em, ruck 'em, ruck 'em, take that ball and really ffffff...ight!" cheer? And get a big laugh for it?

My MOM used to tell that joke. This writer's strike is really screwing things up, I guess.

(Though seriously, my mom is pretty cool.)


(*I know a lot of people love awards shows, but I just cannot get into them. Part of it is I get disappointed at how inarticulate some of the entertainers I like really are, and part of it is I'm mildly disgusted by the concept of "swag bags" where people who are already making very large amounts of money are given a large amount of spendy stuff for free, just in the hopes that they might be photographed wearing the sunglasses they were given, or mention the free moisturizer in an interview. But mostly it's because awards shows just simply don't interest me)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least now celebrities have to pay taxes on those high-end schwag bags if they accept them. Some won't just to save themselves the hassle.