Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Curious

This is a question for parents of toddlers.

One of the toddlers in church this Sunday had a pair of those shoes with squeakers in the heel. I found it incredibly amusing to watch the little guy running around, and with every step there was "Squeak! Squeak!" It was almost like a cartoon.

But I got to thinking - wow, that could potentially get on a person's nerves if they had to listen to it all day.

But then I thought again - but if I were the mom of an active toddler, wouldn't it be useful to know exactly where he was running around if he happened to run out of my sight, like into another room? And if the squeaking stopped, I would know there was trouble? (like he had fallen down or something)

So this is a question for the moms and dads: Squeaky toddler shoes:

Cute and funny?
Annoying?
Useful tool?

Some combination of the above?

3 comments:

Cullen said...

Annoying as hell. Light-up heels? Awesome.

Dave E. said...

I don't know the answer to your question, but it sounds like it could be a great gift for a certain toddler, from a certain uncle with a mildly mischievous sense of humor.

Joel said...

Useful. My oldest had little bells on her shoelaces, which we called her "jingle-feet." Meant she could never sneak anywhere (which with that kid went a long way).