Thursday, August 21, 2008

Amazon, I love you!

Seriously. If you were a guy I would totally marry you.

I ordered a book a long time ago - well, actually, PRE-ordered. It was a craft book that was originally published in the UK and was set to have an edition available here sometime in October. (I know - I could have ordered from Amazon UK and had it shipped here, but meh. I could wait and didn't want to pay the overseas shipping).

I was waiting for it, thinking how nice it would be when it becomes available.

Well, I got an e-mail "update" from Amazon this morning: it's available earlier than expected and will arrive in a week or so.

Thank you, Amazon, you are so thoughtful. You didn't have to let me know - heck, you didn't have to ship it right as soon as it came in - but you did.

I call that good customer service. I know there are people who have issues with Amazon (some pickier and more eye-rolly for me than others), but I really have to say they have some of the best customer service I've seen in a company.

And I still say Amazon Prime is one of the most happiness-enhancing investments I've ever made. I can order a book from them and have it in my hands - shipped FREE - often before I can find time to drive to the next city over where there's a bookstore.

No comments: