Friday, September 26, 2008

What did I say?

Washington Mutual apparently had to be bought out this morning.

I made this comment last week.

Scary. If I thought I really could influence the space-time continuum, I'd say that it would suddenly rain money and all of the financial problems would go away, and the terrorists would all decide that they'd rather learn to play the sitar instead of blow stuff up, and a new candidate would rise up that everyone liked and who could do good things for the country.

But I can't influence the space-time continuum, unfortunately.

2 comments:

Kate P said...

Wow.

So, um, got any football picks?

Joel said...

... a new candidate would rise up that everyone liked and who could do good things for the country.

I would have thought that until I read Orson Scott Card's Empire. Now if one presented himself I'd run like the wind.