Monday, January 26, 2009

Interesting

I really honestly don't care that much about politics (provided someone from The Government isn't knocking on my door to tell me what I can read, how I can worship, or what I can eat), but I still thought this little quiz was interesting:

My Political Views
I am a center-right moderate social libertarian
Right: 1.93, Libertarian: 1.56

Political Spectrum Quiz


Yeah, pretty much.

I'm more hawkish than a lot of people who take the test:

My Foreign Policy Views
Score: 3.11

Political Spectrum Quiz


What can I say but that there are bad people in this world, and it's our military's job to protect us from them, and in some cases, to protect the vulnerable around the world from those bad people.

This surprised me a little bit:

My Culture War Stance
Score: -0.42

Political Spectrum Quiz


I guess I'm not as conservative on some issues as many people would think I am. A big part of it is that I tend to take the attitude that what two consenting adults do is between them (or between them and their God). I may think what they're doing is wrong, but I don't think it's the government's place to prevent it. (Just don't TELL me about what you and your lover did last weekend, thanks.)

Oddly, my generalized opposition to the ending-of-life-of-innocents didn't seem to influence my score much.

And I'm pretty much inflexible on the First Amendment. I tend to think if we permit the banning of certain speech for being "hateful," soon all but the most bland speech will fall under that banner. And though I may be disgusted by certain things passing as "art," if we ban art that some people find offensive, soon we wind up with "art" like what was present during the Soviet Propaganda era in the old USSR.

1 comment:

Cullen said...

I was right 4.4, authoritarian 0.1 (right on the line). I was 3.83 on foreign policy and 2.27 on culture.

I though I'd score more libertarian, but I guess all the things I felt neutral about (which was almost the entire quiz) skewed the things I felt strongly about.