Monday, November 10, 2008

If you are a veteran:

Thank you.

Thank you for the sacrifice you made. Whether you served wartime, peacetime, stateside, or overseas, thank you. Thank you for defending our country. Thank you for helping to ensure that I, and millions of people just like me, enjoy the freedom and safety we have in this nation.

Thank you for putting yourself in harm's way, when it was necessary, to defend the principles, interests, and allies of this nation. Thank you for the humanitarian work you have done, which all too often gets ignored on the evening news. Thank you for being a representative of democracy and of the best place in the world to live.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Ousizch said...

Today I just visit your blog...... and Only support the other blog with my directory. I'm sorry....maybe I don't have a good comment for your post.

The Fifth String said...

Beautiful post, Ricki.