Wednesday, November 05, 2008

one wee little question...

Yeah, yeah. I promise. Last politically related thing because I'm about ready to puke about it myself. But here's a question for those of you more knowledgeable in such things than I: If the "New Fairness Doctrine" goes through, satellite radio will be exempt, no? I mean, Howard Stern can already say filthy foul things filthily on it, so they're exempt from the FCC?

So I may have a reason for a Sirius (or whatever; I don't know what the status of the XM/Sirus merger is) subscription after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Satelite radio will be unaffected, IIRC. The new "fairness doctrine" or as I like to call it the "kill conservative radio" doctrine.

Should only apply to public airwaves. Since satelight operates on its own medium, it should be okay...