Thursday, November 13, 2008

One other thing

I'll probably say this tomorrow on the FFOT, but I have to get it out, first, now:

If 2008 where a man, I'd totally be kicking him in the [choose your favorite euphemism] right now.

With my field boots on.

2008 is the new high-water mark for suck years. Too many people (and animals) I love have died. Too many people I care about have lost people they love. Too many changes in the "roster" around me - too many people I care about moving away, quitting their job, leaving my life. Too many people are scared by the economy, wondering if their retirements will hold out, are telling their children not to expect much in the way of Christmas presents. Too much suckage. Too many vague threats about Pres. Obama being "tested" in the year to come. Too much noise from Russia.

I thought 2004- the year my cousin killed himself and my dad was diagnosed with cancer (which, God be praised, he beat) was the worst year, but 2008 has pretty much edged it out.

I sincerely hope 2009 is better.

1 comment:

Kate P said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Ricki. I've had rotten years, and I think my cousins have had a rotten year this year, and it's hard. Here's hoping that some joy and peace will come to you soon.