Thursday, June 14, 2007

Oh, I am so totally

....doing this. This is quite brilliant,this meme of Dave E.'s.

So here's mine:

"The tenure is my joy; I shall not be downsized. It maketh me to stay in my office, it leadeth me to greater self-confidence. It resoreth my hope. It leadeth me to continue working hard for the Full Professorship's sake. Yea, though I walk through classrooms filled with those who don't give a damn, I shall fear no overly-entitled soul; for annoying enthusiasm and patience are with me; my silly-but-biologically-relevant stories and demonstrations made of styrofoam balls and pipe cleaners comfort me. I preparest my Powerpoint slides and discussion questions in the presence of the uncaring. Surely my reputation as "that woman who's willing to be a goof in class" and the my prodigious memory for facts shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of Access Excellence forever."



(N.B. Access Excellence is a teaching-demonstration website. Mostly aimed at lower grades but I've adapted a lot of stuff for my college students.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done, Ricki!

Anonymous said...

Yes, well done. I'm sending that to my Dad the prof.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Well done and I really liked the "overly entitled soul" part.