Monday, March 24, 2008

Back

Break was good.

I do not recommend, however, traveling during a time of multiple "weather events." Mostly due to the floods in Missouri and Arkansas, my trip home was such that I expected John Candy* and Steve Martin to show up at any moment.

(*yes, I know he's dead. At one point while trapped on a bus that was playing the movie "Boiling Point" on endless loop for the "entertainment" of people who apparently do not need sleep, I said to myself, "I've died, and by some horrible clerical error, have wound up in Hell."

And - "Boiling Point"? what the heck? I'm sorry, but is there a WORSE movie to show on a bus when some of the passengers are trying to sleep? Nice, quiet talky parts interspersed by loud screamed obscenities, gunfire, and bad renditions of 40s music played way too loud?

I hate Dennis Hopper EVEN MORE now.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And - "Boiling Point"? what the heck? I'm sorry, but is there a WORSE movie to show on a bus when some of the passengers are trying to sleep?

Well, I don't know, not having seen the movie. But I suspect it would suck pretty bad to see Speed while riding a bus.