Sunday, March 09, 2008

Gah

I am SO STINKING GLAD I am going away for spring break week after next.

I got some more bad news today - bad stuff happening to friends of mine. And it's really getting me down. People never fail to amaze me in their capacity to hurt each other. And their capacity to willfully misunderstand. And their capacity to make it all about them.

(This is the point where, when I was younger, I would say "I hate people!!!!!" and immediately dissolve into sobbing.)

I don't know. I'm just really tired and frayed right now. No more bad news, please, for a while, okay? No more people doing stuff that has repercussions that affects everyone in their near circles?

I am normally very touch-averse (almost bordering on Asperger's-touch-averse), but right now I feel like I'd really like a hug.

This week is going to be tough to get through. I'm not going to have a lot of patience for the usual petty junk that people seem to like to treat as if it's a major crisis. The kind of thing that makes me want to say, "You think you've got something to cry about? I'll GIVE you something to cry about."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}

Best I can do from a couple thousand miles away, dearest Ricki. But it's very heartfelt.