Wednesday, March 12, 2008

great googly moogly

If I make it through this week without my head exploding or without my dissolving in tears/anger in front of some random person who doesn't deserve it, it will be a blessed miracle.

EVERYONE around me has suddenly become Super-Demanding I-Want-It-No-I-NEED-It-Now person.

And on top of the fact that I'm running in circles trying to take care of the stupid but necessary things before leaving for Spring Break (like getting to the post office to have my mail held), and the fact that I'm effing EXHAUSTED from the time change and my allergies, I am NOT happy.

No, I will not look up your little gripe in the textbook. You should have been in class the day I defined that term. Yes, it is not in the textbook. But I defined it in class.

No, I will not have the exams graded by tonight. I have to teach a two-hour afternoon class AND do youth group AND find some time to sleep in the next 12 hours. I'm so sorry but my life does not revolve around your grade.

NO, I cannot have a "special emergency meeting" now. It is not my emergency and I do not think it is one bit special, and I don't have time to meet anyway.

Why does all this junk come up when I'm already overwhelmed and running on empty?

2 comments:

nightfly said...

Sometimes it's perception: we don't feel overwhelmed when we have a lot of mental reserves. It's the feeling that makes us think that it's a sudden piling on of nonsense when, in fact, nonsense levels may not be above normal.

Then there's the times that nonsense is at 20-year highs, and nobody quite has the mental reserves to handle something like that. Long story short, I'm sorry about your stress - I hope you find a way to unwind, just for yourself!

(Word verification - "fghnkuph" - exactly what your high-stress week can go do on Friday)

Anonymous said...

"Great googly moogly"

Gads I love that expression!