Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I hate this time of year...



I have not had a full weekend off since Spring Break. I will not get one until, it looks like, May 17.

I have an experiment to set up some time, two exams to write for next week. I have a research paper to rewrite and submit. I have a student who wants to start a summer research project she is doing with me. Saturday is supposed to be some volunteer work but unless I can get the exams and the experiment done this afternoon, tomorrow afternoon, or Friday, I'm not going to be able to do it.

Grading is going crazy. As I said, I give two exams next week. The following week I collect papers for two of my classes and have them to grade. And then comes exam week.

Unfortunately it's also getting hot and humid here, which means I do not sleep. Even with A/C and a dehumidifier (yeah, yeah, I know. I'm making Al Gore cry. But I cannot function without sleep, and I cannot sleep when I feel like someone is sitting on my chest).

2 comments:

WordGirl said...

oy.

But making Al Gore cry is so worth it.

Anonymous said...

"Is that a ten-gallon hat or are you enjoying the lecture?"