Tuesday, April 29, 2008

KITH ref FTW!

humorous pictures
see more crazy cat pics

Back when I lived in Ann Arbor, I used to get one of the CBC channels - back when Kids in the Hall was a little-known show. I watched it, and continued to watch after it migrated to Comedy Central.

This references one of my ALL-TIME favorite recurring KITH sketches - the ones with the "I'm crushing your head!" guy (and my goodness, someone in the comments even knew the NAME they gave to him - which I hadn't known - Mr. Tyzik).



I used to - and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, now - I used to sit in my sixth floor apartment at night, when all the kids were going home from the bar down the street from me making tremendous amounts of noise (it was a favorite think to bash on the hoods of cars to see if they could make the car alarm go off). And I'd sit there in my window, aggravated, because it was once again 2 am and I had been woken out of a sound sleep, and I'd actually "crush" a few heads as I sat there feeling angry at them.

Of course, for it to be funny, you have to say it in a Mr. Tyzik accent.

(if you have not known the wonders of Mr. Tyzik - go here.)

Some of the KITH sketches were kind of dumb and sophormoric (I never really enjoyed the "let's dress in drag and do a stereotypical-secretary sketch" ones, and the chicken-woman ones creeped me out) but I loved the head-crushing, because it was so bizarre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh..."I'm crushing your head". I taught one of my nephews that when he was about seven. It's still a running joke seven years later.

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome skit. I haven't seen KITH for years now. I figured the weirdness was a Canadian thing. I saw them live once at a theater in L.A. It was a ton of fun.