Thursday, April 24, 2008

INteresting...

So, I broke down and decided to go out and get the 2 cents back for the university rather than making my secretary do it (she had offered but was out with a stomach bug yesterday, and I didn't feel like making her go out there - it's kind of smelly - if she was still feeling a little "off"). She offered to call down there first this time, just to be sure someone was on duty who was "authorized" to help.

There was.

So I went down there. Walked in, said I was from the university. A young-ish (probably mid-20s) guy stepped up and said, "I know what she's talking about," took the card, processed it, and gave me back the receipts.

Took less than 2 minutes to do it.

So, I guess the moral of the story is, when you have to do some kind of atypical business somewhere where organization isn't a strong suit, call first so they know what they need to do and don't go all freaked out at you when you walk in asking them to do something other than the usual.

(I STILL don't think it should have to be that way, but whatever. It's done now.)

No comments: