Friday, April 11, 2008

Wow

So, Nightfly rated me "E for excellent"

Thank you!

I guess I am going to continue the list, although probably all of these blogs have been linked to before - sometimes multiple times.

So, in no particular order, here are some:

Joel, especially for his posts on faith and conversion and those kinds of deep musing. I didn't comment on the St. Thomas post but I really enjoyed it.

Tracey, because she can alternately make me laugh ("Greece is the word!") and think and sometimes even cry a little.

Sheila because she's made me check out books I might never have thought to read otherwise, or look a bit differently at movies I'd seen many times before, or nod my head in agreement over how she writes about what she's feeling when I've been there - or sort-of there - too.

The Anchoress, again for making me think. For challenging me to think more deeply about things. (It's a horrible temptation, in this day and age, to think shallowly and so I appreciate anyone who forces me to consider my preconceptions and to go beyond the surface

Mental Multivitamin, for book suggestions and general musing. While I don't agree with her on EVERYTHING (I think I tend to revere the polymathic more than she does; she's more into having a single important focus), the blog still challenges and interests me.

Nightfly and Spider, again the musings and comments on faith are my favorite part of this blog.

It comes in Pints because it makes me laugh, and gives me a place to ventilate what's been bugging me every Friday. And I enjoy the name-that-tune contests.

And Kate, for the way she's chronicling grad school and not sugar-coating things. I appreciate that she doesn't hold back and doesn't make everything seem like flowers, because life isn't like that.

5 comments:

Kate P said...

You are too cool for words. Thanks for the compliments, Ricki.

Kate P said...

P.S. You deserve the "excellent" rating!

athena said...

Oh, that is so nice, ricki, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, now that I have time to click through I get it. Thanks so much for the kind words!

Sheila O'Malley said...

Thank you, thank you!!