Wednesday, June 04, 2008

please pray

I have a friend - I think I'll just give her first name here, it's Gail - who had something horrible happen this week.

She lost her husband last year - this week last year - to a sudden blood clot.

Well, almost to the day, the grandson that she and her husband raised committed suicide. And she was the one who found his body.

I'm horrified by this. It makes me so sad - Gail seemed like she was just starting to get back on an even keel after the loss of her husband, and now this.

I got the call from another church member this morning - apparently I was in class when all this happened, and the people who know Gail really well just went over to her house to be with her without taking the time to notify anyone else (which I totally understand and that was the right thing). So now they're slowly getting the word out to everyone.

If you pray, please say one (or more) for Gail. She's going to need a lot of love and strength and support during this time.

And, if you're so inclined, say a prayer for her grandson's soul. I always feel like "such a waste" when I hear something like this - he was only 25 or so. I know, you never know the underlying stuff that's going on in a person's life and sometimes to the person it looks like dying is the only way out of the pain but, still - what a horrible thing for the family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God Ricki. My thoughts are with Gail.

nightfly said...

Mine too. Terrible news.

Maggie May said...

How awful. I'm so sorry.

Kate P said...

What a tragedy--yes, I will pray for everybody affected.

athena said...

So horrible. I will pray too.