Monday, June 30, 2008

WordGirl's meme

So here goes.


1) The correct ratio of milk to cereal is:
a) 1 to 1 -- with exactly the same amount of milk and cereal left at the end of the bowl
b) 2 to 1 -- with a puddle of cereal-flavored milk left to slurp at the end of the bowl
c) [blank stare]

Definitely 1 to 1. I count it as a win if all (or very nearly all) the milk is gone when I have finished the cereal. I don't like having to drink that last bit of gritty, cereal-flavored milk.

2) Bread crumbs in the butter is:
a) nasty
b) normal

I'm taking the middle road on this: it happens, but it's not something I'd choose to happen. Were the world not in its fallen state, there would never be bread crumbs in the butter.

3) Correct toilet paper installation requires that the paper emerge from the roll:
a) over the top -- it's more convenient
b) underneath -- it looks tidier when not in use
c) whichever way it can get to your posterior and/or naughty bits to do the job

I am merely thankful that I live in a time and a place where toilet paper is available. The arrangement of it on the dispenser matters not to me.

4) Is the following an actual DeForest Kelly line?
"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an escalator!"
a) Yes
b) No

This is a trick question, right? It's not actually DeForest Kelley who says that line, but someone playing him playing Bones?

5) The best name for a dog is:
a) Bruiser
b) Neville
c) Foxy Brown
d) Kevin

Of those, I think I'd pick Foxy Brown. Though if I could pronounce it KEV-eeen, the way they do on the opening of 3-2-1 Penguins, I might be persuaded to go with Kevin.

6) Stick shift or automatic?
a) Manual baby!
b) Automatic, all the way.

I don't even know how to drive a stick.

7) Micheal Bolton is:
a) awesome
b) a hack
c) going to have to work on Saturday because his TPS reports are incorrect

A hack. (and seriously: why didn't that guy just go with "Mike"? If there were some idiot running around with my name, I'd just change it - or go by my middle name instead.)


8) You have ridden public transit in your home town:
a) a couple of times to avoid paying for parking when you party
b) never -- that's why you have a car
c) almost every day since you've had a choice

Moot question - public transit does not exist in my home town.

9) Foods touching each other on your plate is:
a) FREAKY!
b) irrelevant
c) Plate? You typically eat from something Styrofoam/paper that has a lid or handle

Freaky, all the way. I don't LIKE it when the food touches.

10) You read ____ books per month:
a) 0
b) 1-2
c) 3-4

B, aspiring to C. (If you could count scientific journal articles it would actually be a lot more)

11) Pancakes or waffles should:
a) be swimming in syrup -- you like it sweet and sloppy
b) be barely kissed by syrup -- you like it subtle and nuanced
c) naked -- you're a purist
d) be slathered in butter and grape jelly

It depends. If it's a really good pancake or waffle, then b. If it's some kind of indifferent made-from-a-mix low-grade restaurant-cake, then a.

12) You have ____ close friends (with whom you regularly visit/chat) of differing ethnicity:
a) 0
b) 1-2
c) more than 3

If partial Native American ancestry counts, then 2. Of course, of my Invisible Internet Friends, I have no way of knowing. And you know? I kind of like that.

13) "Intelligent alien life has visited and is now visiting our planet," is:
a) true
b) false

If true, then they recoiled in horror and went back home. I don't know. I'm agnostic on extraterrestrial life


14) Your favorite ice cream flavor is:
a) chocolate
b) vanilla
c) other
d) You can't eat ice cream

New favorite: the honey-kissed vanilla Haagen Dasz. Or however it's spelled.

15) Popcorn-flavored jelly beans are:
a) yummy
b) gross

...probably my favorite flavor of jelly bean OF ALL TIME. So, yummy.

16) Camping out in the summertime sounds:
a) awesome! Where's the tent?
b) disgusting! Can't we just hike and then check in to a B&B?

B all the way. I don't camp. If it involves peeing in the woods, I have no interest at all

17) At a weekend dinner party with close friends, you typically consume ___ alcoholic drinks:
a) 0
b) 1-2 -- it doesn't take much for you to get your buzz on and then you're set
c) 3-4 -- you like to have fun but you chill out for awhile until you're ready to drive home
d) more than 4 -- you like to get your party on!

0. Alcohol gives me migraines. Which means I sometimes wind up as designated driver, but that's ok, as long as the guy sharing the front seat with me isn't a "handsy" drunk.

18) At a drive-through burger joint, you order:
a) a combo meal -- sandwich with fries and a drink
b) just a sandwich and a drink
c) an entree salad with a drink
d) a side item with a calorie-free beverage

usually a sandwich and a drink

19) Kissing your sweetheart is:
a) essential -- it's one of the best parts about being in a relationship
b) overrated -- you can take it or leave it
c) something you miss

No sweetheart here but I'd say it's pretty important.

20) You have been convicted of a capital crime (unjustly of course) and the guard has come to take your order for your last meal. You can have anything you want. What do you order?

I would be sobbing so hard I would be unable to eat, and food would have no interest for me. I honestly cannot see how convicted criminals manage to do the last-meal thing.

2 comments:

WordGirl said...

[low whistle] Daaaang! The "last meal" answer was a bummer, rick. Honest, though.

And popcorn-flavored jellybeans do rock, don't they? Thank you, yes. Yes, they do.

Kate P said...

I'm pretty sure the answer to your "Mike" question is, "Why should I have to change it? He's the one who sucks!" (Watched the movie wayyy too many times, but then again, I lived it for two years.)

I have got to see that Penguins show.