Thursday, October 09, 2008

Muppet-tastic.



Yeah, I have to admit it, I'm not nuts about either candidate. (There was another LOLebrity, but that didn't fit the theme I'm goin' with here, of Gary Cole - from Office Space - saying "Yeah, if you could just find some other presidential candidates, that'd be greeeeeat.")

So maybe we need to let the Muppets run the country for a while.

(I do not know, nor do I care to know, about whatever Jim Henson's politics may have been. So if you do know, kindly do not elucidate. KTHX.)

Or maybe we shouldn't:

(Perhaps this guy was in charge of the bailout):



The bad thing is, whenever he laughs, instead of thunder and lightning, the stock market drops.

I think I have to agree with Beaker on the situation our country faces in the coming months:



Honestly, I miss the halcyon days when Sesame Street and The Muppet Show were my main exposures to what was going on in the wider world.


(And here's another one, added especially for Sheila, who once had a wonderful post on Cookie Monster and why it was important he continued to be COOKIE Monster...:)

4 comments:

Kate P said...

Definitely put a smile on my face. Sesame Street and Muppet Show were the shows I remember watching with my entire family. We still sometimes throw quotes around!

Sheila O'Malley said...

Cookie!! hahahaha

And the Beaker photo is classic - he always made me laugh so hard. Still does.

nightfly said...

Heheheheheh.... thank you, Cookie.

Recently, my wife came across some actual record albums from her youth during our Take Back the Basement Geegaw Reduction Project... including a CTW record and picture book from Sesame Street's early days.

The picture book, alas, has many pages littered with garish, thick-lined, over-stylish drawings of the characters - you know the style, sort of like "Yellow Submarine" only even uglier - but there are also some priceless photos of the cast: Bob, Olivia, Gordon, Mr. Hooper... and the Muppets themselves.

I knew that once upon a time, Oscar was orange... but I never knew that Grover was GREEN.

Kate P said...

Sheila, Beaker's performance totally makes "The Twelve Days of Christmas" on the John Denver Christmas with the Muppets album.

'Fly, my brother's kids discovered our Sesame Street LPs from when we were kids, at my parents' house, and they LOVE them. We don't have a green Grover (although the drawings sound as if they match what's in the songbook for the piano), but we do still have the Fisher-Price "little people" versions of all the major SS characters, including Mr. Hooper. And Cookie, although he looks weird b/c he's smooth and not shaggy.