Thursday, April 26, 2007

hahahahaha! Cool!

I ran some errands this afternoon (It feels positively decadent to be out shopping on a "school day," but I was done with everything I needed to do, it wasn't my office hours, and in fact, I had scheduled fieldwork which fell through at the last minute).

One of the things I did was go to the nearest (well, that's a relative term - for much other than the Mart of Wal, it's a 1/2 hour drive each way) JoAnn's fabrics. I had a 40% off coupon and sometimes they have good craft books.

I wound up picking up a copy of "Craft" magazine. I traded for a copy of the first issue with a friend, decided not to buy the second. ("Craft" has a very strong whiff of the cooler-than-thou about it, and I don't like that. I don't like the assumption that I'm some kind of a sheeple because I use a pattern when I knit or make quilts. [and what IS the singular of "sheeple," anyway?])

But this one had a couple things I wanted to try in it (ooooh...a hyper-tufa cast concrete garden urn. I need to make my garden more sophisticated). So I bought it, and it was cheaper with the coupon.

They have a little section of stuff they've seen for sale. Most of it is the kind of stuff I either roll my eyes at, or go, "I would have been VERY excited by that when I was 18."

But this time they had something that just made me laugh with delight over the sheer coolness of it.

It's this.

A memory stick. A LITERAL memory stick. A USB drive embedded in a twig. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I love that, I just love it. If I weren't so cheap (and if it didn't require sending off to Holland), I'd buy myself one just because I think it's so darn wonderful.

(They used the icky caption, "Got Wood?" for theirs. I think, "It's a memory STICK, get it?" is funnier, personally.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The memory stick is awesome.

And I think "sheeplet" might be a good singular for "sheeple". The diminutive brings out the necessary scornful irony/ironic scorn.