Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Stupid Spam II - electric boogaloo

...because all you can do sometimes is find the little funny things and laugh at them, instead of crying at the big sad things.

I got a spam e-mail (one of those ones where in the "sender" column, there is a phone number - what's up with that?) that had as its subject line:

Re: get a diploma without the ahssle!

Well, I know that last word is SUPPOSED to be "hassle," but my sometimes-slightly-dyslexic brain interpreted the (intentional?) typo as

"asshole."

"Get a diploma without the asshole!" (I suppose that means your graduate advisor? I mean, mine wasn't, really, but sometimes I thought he was.)

Or maybe this is some kind of thing involving that dog Beau that Tracey sometimes writes about...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howling with laughter ... like: SPELL CHECK YOUR SUBJECT LINE ... especially if you're offering diplomas ...