Friday, February 08, 2008

Awwwwwww!

Normally, I claim to be very very cynical about things like Valentine's Day.

Part of it is actually because deep down, I'm a real romantic, and I'm kind of repulsed at the apparent quid-pro-quo some of the ads present (like Pajamagram, which stops JUST SHORT of saying, "hey, you bought her something. And it's pajamas. You're gonna get a little of the ol' wink-wink, nudge-nudge, knowwhatImean?"). Or I'm disgusted by the sheer "buy buy buy" attitude. (And again I ask: most couples pool their incomes, no? So if you buy your significant other a $10,000 Valentine's gift, you're both taking the financial hit, if it's not something easily affordable, no? I mean, if I were part of a couple? I'd be happy with a silly card and ecstatic if I got lunch at the good Italian restaurant in town - which would set the chap back less than $30, total)

And I'm also a little bereft at how hard relationships seem to be - or at least how good the people around me seem to be at screwing them up.

But still - for Nightfly and his Ladybug (or Ladybug and her Nightfly), Ken and Sainted Bride, and all the others who are happily coupled, this LOLcat's for you:

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

Awwwwwwww!

3 comments:

nightfly said...

Awwwww is right. And thanks for thinking of us!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Thanks dear!

Mr. Bingley said...

Hehehe, very cute!