Friday, February 08, 2008

The essence of "Do Not Want."

(I almost titled this "Moar Catz" just to warn the non-cat-people, but what the heck - I think the other one is funnier).

There is a Flickr group called World's Heaviest Harness that is nothing but pictures of cats doing the non-violent resistance thing when their owners put harnesses on them.

The funniest one was posted on Cute Overload (I can't link to a specific post there; they seem to have disabled permalinks). It's this one.

I think we've all had days when we felt like that.

1 comment:

Kate P said...

That last one reminds me of those fabric freshener commercials where people are huffing their couches and carpets!

Oddly enough, the cats I grew up with were cool with their harnesses--they were along the clotheslines in the backyard. Even if they did get out without a harness on, they wouldn't go beyond the boundaries of our yard. But, yeah, most cats really hate it. Mine pulls the "do not want" with a collar, even. (But she's gonna have to like it when we move.) My sister's cat tries to cheat my parents by puffing her tummy out so the harness is looser. She's the devious escape artist.