Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tired

This is just a little note in case I don't post anything for a little while.

I'm just kind of tired. Nothing's wrong, it's just the typical mid-semester feeling of being pulled in eight different directions and everyone needing me for everything, and me getting no downtime whatsoever.

I also have a scratchy throat. And, save for the fact that I have an experiment that would FAIL if I couldn't come in every day to monitor it, I have to admit that at this point I'd almost welcome a sick day or two - not really badly sick, but sick enough to stay home and lie on the couch and watch old movies and drink hot chocolate.

But that's just the fantasy sick day, because I've only ever taken a sick day when I was throwing up frequently enough to make concentrating on a movie impossible, or when I had a migraine so bad that any kind of sensory stimulation is impossible.

So I'm just kind of tired out and running on empty more than usual and getting really fed up with my fellow humans (the other day I read an essay about how a lot of people who leave the church don't leave because of any doctrinal or belief reason; they leave because of the PEOPLE they have to deal with, and I can kind of understand that. Not that I have too many difficult people at church but it seems like every corner of my life right now has at least a couple of people who are the sort of people that Sartre must have had in mind when he famously said, "Hell is other people")

So I think I need to recharge for a little and try to find some funnier happier things to write about.

I'll still probably comment places, and show up on the FFOT this week; it's just I'm feeling spectacularly uncreative right now and so anything I wrote would either be a totally trival whine or...well, totally trivial.

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

It happens. We will miss you, but go recharge, and we will be here whe you feel ready to come back.