Friday, February 01, 2008

better

There are few things more gratifying to me as a teacher than these two:

1. Having a student stop me in the middle of class and ask a really good, really interesting question about the day's topic that then ties in something learned earlier.

2. Sharing a funny but topic-appropriate anecdote or joke and having the class laugh at it. I have a few "funny stories" that I like to share and it's always great when the students find them funny, too (or at least that they feel comfortable enough to laugh)

Both those things happened today, so I count that in the win column.

***

My aunt is doing better. It turns out it was what my mom thought, and they just put her in the hospital as a precaution. (Still, I wish my cousin would do the paperwork to allow my mom to get notification. She doesn't have to give up any of her power-of-attorney power; she just needs to make the information able to be shared).

No comments: